Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Classes
This National certification teaches pool professionals how to properly maintain their pool in accordance with state regulations and industry standards. National Pools of Roanoke trains aquatic staff members how to manage mechanical system operations, maintenance, chemical treatments and filtration of various aquatic facilities. We offer over 40 years of vast experience, knowledge and service to our commercial and residential clients. Our philosophy here at National Pools is to use the most advanced techniques in preventative maintenance, to reduce operation expense and increase the efficiency of pool systems while preventing accidents.
General Information About the CPO®Certification Program
- The CPO certification program requires participation in either a two-day class (14-16 hours) taught by a certified instructor or the blended format that combines the online Pool Operator Primer™ and one day of the Pool Operator Fusion™ class of instruction.
- The CPO certification program includes pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, government requirements.
- The CPO certification program requires an open book written examination.
- The CPO certification is valid for five years.
What Are the Benefits of the CPO Certification Program?
- Proven educational tool
- Widely accepted by local and state authorities
- Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
- Comprehensive handbook
- All courses are taught by NSPF® certified instructors
- The CPO certification is recognized nationally and internationally
- Gives participants a better understanding of the operator’s role in pool care and management
- The CPO Certification program is now eligible for IACET Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Certified Pool Operator - Two Day Class
Registration Cost: $350.00 + $5.25 postage
Includes: textbook, workbook, exam & 5 year certification
The CPO® certification program can be taken as a two-day class that covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook and local codes taught by an NSPFInstructor. This dynamic setting offers direct interaction with an instructor and fellow students. Pass the open book exam and earn CPO certification.
CPO certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 200,000 successful CPO certifications in 44 countries. The CPO certification program is widely accepted by health departments.
National Pools Instructors have received comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO certification program. The course represents every segment in the aquatic industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. The training course has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
Certified Pool Operator - E-Pro Academy - Blended Online Classes
This online training program can be the first step to earning CPO® Certification or, it can be an excellent stand-alone education in the fundamentals of pool operations. This online curriculum follows the 18 chapters in the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook, which is provided. Students have access to the Pool Operator Primer online course for six month period, which gives them the opportunity to review the material many times.
Successful completion of the Pool Operator Primer™ earns a Record of Completion. Following completion attend a 1-day Pool Operator Fusion™ class within six months of completing the Pool Operator Primer™ at National Pools.
+ PLUS +
1-DAY CLASSROOM Fusion™
This one-day class is offered at National Pools after the completion of the Online Primer course. This is a more economical and convenient way to achieve the CPO Certification and recommended only for students who are currently certified.
Use the form on this page to sign up for a blended class. Students must present a Pool Operator Primer™ Record of Completion and successfully complete the Pool Operator Fusion™ class to obtain a CPO Certification.
2021 Class Schedule
Traditional (2 Days)
$350 + 5.25 Postage
March 18-19 (Thur & Fri)
April 16-17 (Fri & Sat)
May 13-14 (Thur & Fri)
8:00am to 5:00pm
E-Pro Academy (Online)
$325 + 5.25 Postage
March 19 (Fri)
April 17 (Sat)
May 14 (Fri)
8:00am to 5:00pm