We are now into the middle of April which means we are getting closer to swimming pool season. If you haven’t already opened your swimming pool it is a good idea to start getting ready. With the warm weather we are having algae can grow, which will lead to a green pool at opening. Below are tips to getting your pool ready for summer.
- Remove as much debris from your pool cover before taking it off.
- Remove any dirt and debris that has accumulated on or around the skimmer, filter, drains and pump.
- Remove as much floating and submerged debris as possible using a leaf net.
- Scrub pool walls and top off water level.
- Start the season with a clean filter. We recommend that you use a filter cleaner to ensure peak filtration.
- Shock pool with liquid for powered shock (If your pump is not running only use liquid).
- Once your pump has been running for 24 hours bring us a sample and we can help you get your pool balanced!